Friday, February 12, 2010

Dissenters and Anonymity

I've been publicly blogging since January 8, 2010. This month has solidified the fact that perception is reality. There are people that may read my postings and take them at face value. If anyone reads my postings and digests them literally, I can see where they would get heartburn. I am abrasive and accept that. My husband finds that attribute admirable, although hard to swallow sometimes. I am aware that some folks do not agree with nor understand my sense of humor. Of those that do not agree, they can be harsh and judgmental. I blog with my real name and have nothing to hide. I try to depict my day to day as realistic as possible. I had a dissenter hide behind anonymity and leave a malicious comment. I chose not to publish that comment because it was cruel. I have no problem with opposing points of view. I do have a problem with garish brutality.

My family is happy, healthy, intact and functional. My husband and I are two pieces of a puzzle that fit very well together. We share everything, responsibilities, frustrations, financial burdens, chores and a very strong bond. Dissenters can judge and leave negative comments if they choose. But I will not publish mean comments left just for the sake of being mean.

I am used to my husband and I sharing everything. Suddenly, I must handle everything by myself. My world has been thrown off balance and I am learning to deal with it. With his day to day absence, I cope by finding humor in my situation and blogging. Writing my frustrations down helps me clear my head. It provides me an outlet in which to let go of tensions built up during my day. My husband fills that role when he is home. When he is not home, I need an outlet and have chosen to reach out to those who may be in my situation and can relate. I reserve the right to denounce dissenters and call them out. I recognize that they have opinions, and like feet, everyone has a couple, and on occasion they stink.

However, good comments, bad comments I don't care. I am just pleased as punch I have readers other then my friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. Though I am in the civilian world now, I can relate as my "Tour of Duty" as a Navy wife began in full force 21 days after we were married and the ship deployed for 6 months. At the time I thought I would die (I can be very dramatic) but, not only did I survive I used it as a learning experience. Knowing what to expect made each deployment a little easier for both of us.

    My husband served during Desert Storm and I took comfort in knowing that I was not alone as I knew that the other spouses around me were in the same boat (no pun intneded). I too, found as much humor in my situation as I could. This was during the time before technological advancement allowed e-mail, web cams and cell phones to be used anywhere. When "snail mail" and the once a month, 20 minute phone call was what we lived for.

    I have no sage advice or words of wisdom other than just know you are not alone and those of us that have been there before you are here to support you. You will survive this in spite of the nay-sayers and you and your spouse will be a better couple for it. And for those who don't like how you and your husband handle your situation, let them have their say. That is what the "Delete" button is for.

    Being a Military wife is not for everyone, however for those who love their spouses, it is for them so don't judge unless you are qualified to do so in court.

    ReplyDelete